Thursday 6 December 2012

GOODBYE OILY SKIN!

Hello again!

For the past four months I have been free from oily skin; I never touch up my make up! (Excluding the lippy of course)

Allow me to explain....

My oldest sister came home from work one day and was showing off her face, her face looked like she had just done her make up. OIL FREE and if your like me and have incredibly oily skin especially the t-zone area and open pores you would do what any normal person would do and pester her until she tells you what she had done to achieve such.

My sister being my sister teased and refused to tell me the secret so I was bugging her for a few hard days!

Eventually, she told me her secret and here it is!!!!

MAC PREP + PRIME FACE PROTECT PROTECTION VISAGE SPF 50 (face primer) £22

&

CLARINS ULTRA-MATTE REBALANCING LOTION (face cream) £28




A face primer is one of the best ways to insure your makeup stays on longer. Primers are excellent for people with combination to oily skin.  I feel the MAC primer has a smooth base for make up. After doing my research on this product I found it also contains an oil-absorbing powder which helps to prevent oil breakthrough similar to my Clarins product. 

When I was in House of Fraser (department store in the UK) I was talking to the beauty assistant assistant for quite a while because the price stunned me so I wanted to know more.
She assured me the lotion worked because: it has Ultra-fine powders which absorbs excess oil and reduces shine, it leaves the skin matte and gives you very soft skin, however with the assistance of the primer helps your make up stay in place throughout the day.


So here is how it goes.....I'd apply the moisturise to my cleansed face (allow it to sink in for a few minutes) then apply the primer, then continue with my usual foundation routine.
I've been doing this for four months now and I haven't had to "powder my nose" or touch up my make up at all. Especially since I work in a children's hospital; which means I spend my days running up and down the ward and chasing after the children. 


AND THAT IS WHY MY MAKE-UP ALWAYS LOOKS SO FLAWLESS! shhhhhhhhhhh...


1 comment: